UK National Lotto #953
UK Lottery E-mail Scams Warning
Winning numbers drawn at 8.30pm GMT on Wednesday 9th February 2005:
The table below is courtesy of Camelot's phone line (0845 9100 000 *10).
Category Prize Winners Total Percentages
Jackpot £2,877,813 0 £0 0.0% - rolled over
5+bonus £88,548 10 £885,480 13.4%
5 match £1,604 345 £553,380 8.3%
4 match £57 21,237 £1,210,509 18.3%
3 match £10 396,918 £3,969,180 60.0%
Totals 418,510 £6,618,549 100.0%
Category Change Figure
Ticket sales 0.9% fall £21,118,747
Lotto HotPicks #271 results:
Category Prize Winners Total Percentages
Pick 4 £7,000 19 £133,000 13.2%
Pick 3 £450 968 £435,600 43.1%
Pick 2 £40 11,020 £440,800 43.7%
The average Lotto HotPicks prize was £84.07.
Totals 12,007 £1,009,400 100.0%
The next table displays the draw order, revised frequencies and the last prior appearance of each of the 7 balls.
Updated Frequencies Since Last Appeared
Drawn Order Main Bonus Total Main Bonus Either
1st 12 121 19 140 4 75 4
2nd 24 109 20 129 6 31 6
3rd 32 125 12 137 7 104 7
4th 33 124 23 147 1 15 1
5th 22 112 24 136 1 59 1
6th 18 116 15 131 20 43 20
Bonus 17 111 22 133 9 40 9
Total 158 818 135 953 48 367 48
Avg. 22.6 116.9 19.3 136.1 6.9 52.4 6.9
- The draw used ball set 6 in the Topaz machine and the average main Lotto prize was £15.81.
One in every 50.5 main Lotto tickets won a prize (=1.98% of players).
- If all 13,983,816 ticket combinations were additionally purchased for the main Lotto game, they would have made a loss of £9,350,676.
- The prior history of the main Lotto jackpot ticket included 14 wins totalling £140.
- From Saturday 12th July 2003 onwards, Camelot has completely refused to issue per-draw sales figures for any of their individual games,
despite continuously doing so for more than 8 years prior to that date. They blamed the media for only
concentrating on the main Lotto game sales (which have been falling steadily for years), which seems to be a poor excuse to me.
However, games with variable prize tiers such as the main Lotto can have their sales figures reverse-calculated to within a few pounds, which is what I have done.
The lottery draw takes place at
GMT on the closing date
and is screened live
on BBC 1 television from
the BBC TV Centre in London,
which is currently its permanent home.
There is a
Frequently Asked Questions page on the TV
show available for your perusal.
The TV show will be presented by
There will be an exclusively live
UK lottery WWW update on the Internet
thanks to my home ADSL Internet connection. The ball
graphics, the lottery home page and this page you're reading will be
updated 7 times during the live draw and within 5 seconds of each ball
appearing. There will also be a live commentary of what's happening
on the TV show between
10.35pm and 10.40pm
in full detail in the
Lottery Chat Room and
summarised on the lottery home page.
As well as the estimated jackpot appearing just prior to the draw
(at about 10.37pm GMT),
I will make the full unconfirmed results
available by 11.30pm GMT at the very latest (Camelot delays not withstanding).
A full timetable of all these events is now
You are reminded that these UK National Lottery WWW pages are not the
responsibility of the lottery organiser (Camelot Group plc) and hence are not
to be treated as an official source of results. However, a great deal of double
and triple-checking has gone on behind the scenes of these pages and this has
often picked up on "wrong" results quoted by Camelot !
- Page 123 of ITV's teletext service. This only shows the winning numbers for
the current draw and the previous 4 draws (needs a premium rate phone call to
get the rest !), but it does have frequent news features, Thunderball results
and also live page updates during the draw. Often suffers from human typing
errors e.g. quoting
the total number of winners figure as the number of 3-match winners.
- Page 127 of ITV and Channel 4's teletext service, which has a live
in-vision box with the winning numbers during the draw.
- BBC 1 and BBC 2's five teletext lottery pages as follows:
- Page 555: Index page and the latest winning numbers.
- Page 556: Saturday draw info including the winning numbers, the prize
amounts and winners in each category.
- Page 557: Wednesday draw info similar to Page 556.
- Page 558: Latest lottery news and Good Causes phone numbers.
- Page 559: Previous winning numbers for this year.
- Page 112 of Channel 5's teletext, which has the latest two draws'
- Page 114 of Sky One's teletext. Recent updates have been pared down to
just the winning numbers and estimated jackpot.
- BBC Radio 5 Live, who also broadcast the draw live on a draw evening
and also repeats the numbers regularly later in the evening,
although I don't listen to any radio, so I can't comment on this.
- UK national newspapers the day after the draw, but don't expect any
sort of depth to their reporting.
- Lottery terminals, which in the hands of an operator who knows what they're
doing (rare), can print out the prize amounts, number of winners and winning
numbers. The ticket sales, draw order, machine used or the ball set used don't
seem to be available via this route though.
- The Camelot lottery phone line (0845 9 100 000), conveniently charged at local
call rates (unless you have a mobile phone).
If you have a tone phone, press *14 once you connect to the line -
this will let you speak immediately with a human (the other options are less
useful recorded messages).
- The official UK National Lottery WWW site is available at
- Other lottery sites on the Internet.
- Unclaimed prizes from this draw expired at 5.30pm BST on Monday 8th August 2005 and have been added to the National Lottery Distribution Fund.
Next Lotto: #954 (Saturday 12th February 2005) [1 jackpot winner]
Previous Lotto: #952 (Saturday 5th February 2005) [3 jackpot winners]